Friday, September 19, 2008

Ready or not.

Well, I guess I am. The invitations have been sent. The cake is ordered. The presents bought. The house is picked up...well most of it. Plans are in place for the morning. (pick up balloons, pick up cake, pick up basement, etc.) But am I really ready? Am I ready for my baby boy to turn two? No. My heart aches as I watch him grow more each day. However, I am watching so many things take place these days that remind me that we are not promised forever. Heck, we aren't even promised an hour! So I am swallowing that big ol' lump in my throat and embracing every single second that I get with my little family. Each moment is a gift that I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. I am just thanking God for today. Thanking Him for my health and the health of the ones I hold most dear.

No comments: