Thursday, January 8, 2009

Doesn't get aNIE better!

I was very excited to read that Stephanie Nielson (Nie Nie) will be back to blogging on the 16th! I LOVE her blog. She is a young mother of 4 who loves being a mommy and adores her husband. I, along with hundreds of thousands of other readers all over the world, prayed for months (and cried) as she and her husband fought to recover from a tragic plane crash. The pilot was killed but Nie and Mr. Nielson were spared. They were burned very badly, she over 80% of her body. Her story is just so incredible to me. We all watched her family rally around her and Mr. Nielson. They swooped in and took charge. Her older sister took 3 of her children to raise despite the fact that she herself was a new mother. Another one of her sisters took the baby and soon found out she was expecting her first child. The same sister purchased a house for her in Utah so she could live close to her family again while she recovered. This family is truly amazing to me. They are so committed to their faith and even though their beliefs are a tad different from mine, I stand in awe of the way they have handled themselves in the face of a true tragedy. Seriously, their story has made such a difference in the way I go about my daily life. Go to her blog. http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com Read it. You won't be sorry. Oh I can't wait until the 16th!

1 comment:

Momzoo said...

I love her blog too and have followed it for a while. It is an amazing story.