Monday, February 16, 2009

25 things I like about me.

I'm going to copy my dear friend Teri and post my "homework" for our new study Fascinating Womanhood. We were supposed to make a list of the 25 things you like about yourself. It was tough but here it goes! (Nothing like a chance to toot my own horn!)

1. My sense of humor.
2. I am a GOOD mother...thank you very much!
3. I am a kind person.
4. I usually look on the bright side of things.
5. I am willing to change in order to become the best wife I can be.
6. I am a fast learner.
7. I compliment other people...and mean it.
8. I am a TOTAL softie.
9. I am creative.
10. I have just a few close friends but I take those relationships VERY seriously and work hard to maintain them.
11. I am very good at "Guitar Hero"
12. I have a great relationship with my parents.
13. I have a great relationship with my mother-in-law.
14. My family is the most important thing in the world to me.
15. I know sign language & French (I said KNOW, not speak fluently!)
16. I am generous...to the point where it TOTALLY annoys Big Daddy.
17. I am thrifty.
18. I LOVE the Lord and LOVE learning more everyday about what he wants for me.
19. I have a college degree. I don't really use it, but I like the sense of accomplishment it gives me.
20. I am loyal.
21. I care about other people, I mean genuinely CARE about other people.
22. I appreciate nature. (Except snakes)
23. I consider myself to be an intelligent person.
24. I'm tall.
25. I have become VERY independent since Cohen was born.

Some more profound than others, but 25 things is HARD! I find it a little sad that I had that such a hard time coming up with 25 things I like about myself! I also had to fight the urge to follow each one with a "but" or "except" and I am sure that some therapist somewhere would have a field day with that one! I am very much looking forward to our study tonight. Especially my dinner with Jess before! It's been a while since we have had a chance to catch up!

I also wanted to brag on my little girl a bit. They had to draw blood today and she did so great! Before they came in she wanted to pray and ask God for courage. So we did and she was so cute asking for "courage and make it SUPER fast God." She cried just a bit but as soon as they got the needle in she just sat and watched the tube fill up! Her bravery was rewarded with a new stuffed animal and some "sour straws" at the pharmacy there in the building. I am anxious to get the results. Please pray that the medicine is working without taking a toll on her liver. You know I will keep you posted!

Happy Monday!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! 25 POSITIVE things is a hard thing to write about ones self. I'm pretty sure its much easier to do that for others. Good For YOU!! You get the Positive affirmation award for the week! (and I completely agree with all of the above!) I have been praying for Miss Claire since I read she had her check up last week. I have lots of faith in that girl, she is pretty amazing!! Please give her and CoCo kisses for me.

Teri said...

Any word on Claire yet?