Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowed in.


We have been snowed/iced in for a few days now. I learned that school is cancelled again tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. I have been so productive and the kids are having SUCH a wonderful time together. I love to hear them play together. I realized yesterday after walking by their rooms that my productive time has come at a cost. Their rooms look like war zones!!! My instinct was to be irritated but I stopped myself. I KNOW that when it is time for them to pick up their rooms, they will be more than happy to help....they always are. I also know that they are learning so much about cooperation, teamwork and how to share. They played all day yesterday and Claire was so helpful with the little guys when our neighbors came over to play. Then it was time for bed and can I just say how glad I am that a bedtime routine if FIRMLY in place at our house. It may vary by 30 minutes here or there (especially in the summer when we tend to stay outside a little longer!) but for the most part, we are set in our ways! There are a lot of things that I tend to be lenient on, but bedtime is not one of them. It is so nice to put them in their rooms, say prayers and that's it! I was just so proud of my little boogers yesterday. I will tell you what Big Daddy was up to soon. I will give you a hint....it involves the "man cave" and the guys in our lifegroup will benefit from it on Sunday.

Now that we are all fed it is time for baths (I already had mine!) and quiet time. I have a VERY important project I am working on that NEEDS to be done tonight! Which leads me to my next and last point for the night. Do you know how insanely HARD it is to keep a secret from your mother who also happens to be one of your very best friends? Ugh. I can't wait until February 7th. She turns 50 and I get to let the cat out of the bag. And no, we are not getting her a cat.


**UPDATE**

Remember THIS adorable little momma to be? Thankfully she wasn't snowed in this morning and they made it safely to the hospital in time to deliver their bundle of joy today. We don't have any stats yet, but I sure can't wait to meet him!!! Congrats to the new parents!

No comments: