Thursday, December 18, 2008

Created to be his Helpmeet

In the past I have mentioned my Bible study that I did starting last summer. I went into it not really knowing what to expect. (Probably because I had never done a Bible study before!!) I never imagined how it would change my life. I have wanted to sum it up for you but never really found the right words to do it justice. My biggest fear was using the word "submission." In this day and age, it has such negative undertones and I wasn't sure I could define the word without making it sound simply archaic. But leave it to MckMama. This post is almost exactly what I would have said if I had the ability to put it so eloquently. If you are a newlywed, read her post. If you are an "oldywed" and aren't happy, read her post. If you are perfectly content, read her post. There is bound to be something in there that you will benefit from even if it is just a feeling of accomplishment knowing that you are trying your very best to achieve the model God has given us for marriage. If you are like me, you will be reminded that you still have room for improvement! I just really liked her post and I hope you do too!

PS When I just spellchecked, the spellchecker suggested the words oldened and mildewed for the word "oldywed"! I don't mind being oldened and mildewed....as long as Big Daddy is right there beside me!

No comments: