Sunday, November 2, 2008

If you are reading this...

please go to this blog and pray for Stephanie Vest and her family. She is a friend of Miss Leah's (the director of our preschool) and she needs our prayers. She has three beautiful children and just 8 short weeks after giving birth to her youngest, she was diagnosed with a rare form of Lymphoma. The most recent post on her blog is inspiring to say the least. Her story serves as another important reminder to live each day to the fullest. It sounds like such a cliche, but it is so important.

On Friday, after a day full of Halloween fun, it was time to take the kids trick-or-treating. They were so excited....I was not. The thought of tromping around the neighborhood (even with the beautiful weather we had) was not as appealing as staying behind and having a coke, a brownie and some peace and quiet with my mom, dad, mother-in-law and her parents. But I stopped and took a deep breath and looked at my children. They were bouncing around full of life while images of candy bars gleamed in their eyes. How could I miss this? What could be more important than watching my little ones hand in hand strolling down the street dressed as batgirl and Cowboy Woody? Nothing. I loved watching Claire run so her cape would flap in the wind. Cohen strutting his stuff in his "Woody boots" was about the cutest thing you ever did see. How could I be so selfish? I am BLESSED to be here and have the ability to walk with my children. I am BLESSED that they are running and laughing. BLESSED that my husband is walking right next to me taking it all in. I could go on for days...but you get the point. I am eliminating the "poor me grumble" from my daily repertoire. I will no longer feel grumpy about cleaning up yet another mess. I will REJOICE in the Lord that I have the strength to bend down and pick up those dirty socks. I will THANK him for the children who left them there. I will PRAY that I get one more day with my husband to show him how much I truly adore him, but will never leave it unsaid.

I have never felt more strongly about anything in my life. TODAY MATTERS. I will make it count.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

love it, love it, love it. It's SO true....you just never know how long you have with those you love. I've been following the Vest blog and praying for Stephanie as well. You're a great mommy and wife Chrissy! :)

Country Girl at Heart said...

I forgot how good your corn was!!! I ate almost the whole thing by myself! - Aubrey