Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stephanie Phillips

March 8, 1974-July 10, 2010
You're in a better place, I know this. And each time I think of the pain you endured, I praise God for taking you home. I've been so caught up in your fight. I've been so busy taking care of the boys. I've worried so much about Scot. It wasn't until yesterday when I leaned over to kiss your face. As I pressed my face to yours and listened to your short breaths, I knew this would be the last time. All of the sudden, something came over me. I suddenly realized, "I have never stopped to think about how this is going to change things for ME." I never stopped to think about how much I am going to just miss you. I will miss calling you at work to tell you a funny story about the boys. I will miss our girls trips. I will miss the moments where you let your silly side show...my favorites. I will miss telling you stories, you always told me I was funny. I will miss watching you coach. I will miss you my friend, more than you can imagine. I thank you for bringing Scot and the boys into our lives. I love those children like they are my own. I am thankful you trusted me with them and I was able to form an unbreakable bond with them. Your spirit lives in them. Levi has your determination. Drew has your sense of loyalty. I miss you...so much it hurts.

2 comments:

Mike Scott said...

Chrissy, My family and I pray for you and your family to continue to have strength for the days ahead. You will miss her, but she will ALWAYS be with you. I pray Gods loving arms wrap around you and your family and Stephs' family to provide comfort and healing. I pray for those boys, but I know you will be there for them. God Bless You and thank you for all you have done and will continue to do. The seeds you have planted with Stephs help will reap rewards for generations to come.

NanaBoop said...

Chrissy, you and your entire family have been so focused on just being there for Coach, I'm not surprised it is just now crossing your mind of what you will miss without her here.

Please know Cheryl- (especially,) you, Scot, the boys, Steph's family, your family, are all enveloped in love by so many. We pray your broken hearts will heal. The hole in them will never be filled, but we pray the ache is replaced with happiness of her being with her Papa, your Uncle Gary and legions of others. We can only pray to join her one day! Much love, Betty