Wednesday, June 3, 2009

St. Thomas!


We landed in St. Thomas Monday around 2 pm. The landing was crazy! I was looking out my window and didn’t see land until about 2 seconds before we touched down! We grabbed our luggage and met 3 other couples from Ethicon at the shuttle. We hopped in the van and took the ride of terror to our hotel. Imagine roads that are BARELY wide enough for two vehicles and more hairpin curves than I care to mention. WOW were we ever glad that we didn’t have to drive ourselves to the hotel! We checked in and headed straight for some food! We ate and went down to the beach and fell asleep. We were back in our room sleeping before the sun went down!

So today we were rested up and ready to go…to the pool and lay around more!

Around lunch we went to check out the hospitality room and pick up our info for the rest of the week. I was so excited when they showed us a display of Maui Jim sunglasses! They said we got to each pick a pair we liked! I was happy to retire my $10 Target sunglasses that squeeze my head for a new pair of super sleek polarized shades! I have NEVER spent more than $15 on a pair of sunglasses and I feel totally spoiled!!! We went snorkeling for a bit, but there wasn’t a lot to see. We are really looking forward to tomorrow when we will head over to St. John. My Dad says the snorkeling over there is second to none! We will be touring the island via open air bus. I will most definitely be sporting the “motion sickness wristbands” in an effort to fight vomit!

I am so thankful that we have great cell phone reception. I am able to send and receive texts which has been so nice because I miss my babies! I got a few videos from my mom of Cohen. I LOVED them! We don’t have wireless in our room so I am typing this on Word and will cut and paste later when we take our laptops up to the lobby for a bit. (It may be tomorrow when I actually post this!) It has been nice to “disconnect” from the internet for a while. I don’t think I realized how much time I really spend on this thing! But don't worry, we have found other ways to pass the time!

No comments: