Sunday, March 29, 2009

Whaaaaatttt???



Do you have a TV show or two that you watch and always wonder WHY?? I personally have too many of them. It's like a train wreck. I know if I just deleted them from my DVR that I would never miss them. That is exactly what I plan to do with "Little Miss Perfect" after last night. I watched an episode (again....WHY??? I don't know) at 4:00 am because I couldn't sleep for some reason. The little girl in the video here was one of the two featured in this particular episode. I gasped OUT LOUD when the MOTHER said, "People think it's wrong but it's not. Maybe they think that because they have ugly kids." Are you serious? I was just so sad for that little girl as I watched her be painted with a fake tan, pop in her false teeth, glue on false eyelashes, pin in fake hair and be fitted for a dress that costs more than two months worth of my house payments! Then she sat at the photographers while her mother picked apart a beautiful picture of her. "Change this, plump that, lighten that, darken that." Ick. I have watched a FEW episodes where the little girls go "natural" and do rather well...but they never win. It really is warped. I'm not a big anti-pageant person because I understand that everyone is different, but I do think that discretion needs to be used when dealing with such little girls...babies really. I have this need to protect my child for as long as possible and don't think it sounds like a good idea to parade her around, scantily clad, in front of three judges so that she can be sized up for what?? A crown and a check that MIGHT cover the entrance fee and her socks? Which brings me to my next point. The judges. A few of the pageants featured "guest judges." They were business MEN who knew nothing about pageants. Very creepy. I know it was probably a PR thing or they sponsored the event...but still..creepy. I originally started watching the show because I thought it would be interesting to see how these mothers work. Now I think it's just sad. My DVR will now have an opening to record something more worth while...like Dancing With the Stars.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know....those shows are disgusting. Poor girls. I don't have to worry about Adilynn doing any of that stuff- she has two different ears and I'm sure the judges would pick that apart!!! :) (we always say that she got one ear from me, and one ear from her daddy!)