Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


For those of you who don't know, this is my Momma. NOOOO not my sister, my mother! She is one of the most special people in my life. She has taught me so many things. Some big, some small but all equally important. Here are a few.
1. Kill 'em with kindness.
2. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one else will.
3. Never overload the silverware holders in the dishwasher.
4. You can talk and you can sing, but you can't make nonsense.
5. Don't put a knife in the toaster.
6. Don't put metal in the microwave.
7. Wear what looks good on YOU.
8. Just ask, all they can do is tell you "no."
9. If you aren't sure what something is, use your toes to touch it first.
10. If it doesn't smell bad and you can chew it...it's probably okay to eat.

There are a MILLION more but, you get my point. I have learned some pretty valuable things from my dear mother. Most of the things I have learned just by watching her. I aspire to be the kind of mother to my children that she is to me. I have often told her that I wish there was some way to repay her for all of the wonderful things she has done for me. She told me that all I have to do is take care of her grandbabies and we are even. DEAL! I am so thankful for my mom and the relationship we have.

Mom,
I hope you have a wonderful day! I hope that you know you are loved EVERY day of the year and not just Mother's Day and your birthday! You have prepared me to be a mother and a wife and I know I COULD do it without you....BUT I sure am glad I don't have to! I treasure each day we spend with you!!

Love
Chrissy

No comments: