Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nothing is too small.

At school Claire has been working on writing her name all year. She does fine tracing the dots, but when it comes time to write in on her own she just gives up. On Tuesday they didn't have time to work on their names because they were busy dying Easter eggs so Mrs. Sandy and Mrs. Caroline sent the sheets home for "homework." We sat at the table, pencil in hand and got to work. She traced her name perfectly 4 times. Then I said it was time to try it by herself. "Nope. I can't do it. You need to help me." Hmmm. I have a funny feeling she CAN she just WON'T. So I tried the usual "you can do anything you put your mind to" to no avail. It's time to dig deep so I tried a new approach. I told her that she didn't need my help at all and if she DID need help, there was someone who could help her through anything. She looked puzzled and asked me who that might be. I assured her that God would be there for her anytime she needed him. She said, "Oh yeah, He lives in my heart!" Then picked up her pencil and wrote her name....perfectly.

The moral of the story...Nothing is too small or too big for God. He worked in her little heart on Tuesday. It may not seem like much, but to us it was HUGE. He showed her that she "Can do all things through Christ who strengthens her." I encourage anyone who reads this to consider the burden you are carrying right now. Then consider giving it to God. It is so much easier than trying to carry it yourself or to put it all on your spouse or family. Cast your anxiety on Him and He will care for you. Just try it. You might like it!

Also, please pray for Mrs. Holly (Claire's teacher). Her husband Jeff is in the hospital and is very ill. Check out his site and please pray for Jeff, Holly, Lauren and Ashtyn.

No comments: