Monday, February 11, 2008

Life Group

I am so thankful for the way that God has been working in my life lately. Our church recently switched to a small groups format where we meet the 2nd and 4th Sundays of each month instead of having evening service. I wasn't really sure about it, and we probably would have not gotten involved. BUT when our neighbors and good friends Tony and Carmen agreed that their Life Group would meet at their house and invited us to join....how could we say no? All we have to do is walk across the street! God got us there, and now we are building relationships with some pretty great people. I am so excited to get to know them even better and I feel so comforted to know that there are 5 other couples that will be praying for our need over the next two weeks as we prepare for Claire's second ultrasound. And I get to pray for their needs and watch God meet those needs (in due time!). Our fearless leaders are high school sweethearts and the parents of 5 wonderful children. I feel they have so much to offer us as we meet the challenges of marriage, parenting and our walk with God. There is just so much to learn and to look forward to. My heart is full of hope and joy because I know that God holds my future in his hands. He is there to listen no matter how big or how small the need. I am just feeling so loved today, and let me tell you.....that's a great way to feel on an icy cold Monday morning!

No comments: