Friday, August 28, 2009

Smells like love.

I came home and noticed....I smelled. I didn't smell like the hospital I spent the morning in praying for God to give my family peace. I didn't smell like the coffee that the sweet lady downstairs prepared for us that was probably the most delicious coffee I have ever had. I didn't smell bad...like I felt. I smelled like pure, straight from the heart...love.

When I turned to the right, I smelled perfume. When I turned my head to the left, I smelled cologne. When I looked down I smelled a different perfume. Everyone who hugged me yesterday was still lingering on my shirt as if to say, "We are here and we love you." It was a comfort as I finally stopped and processed what happened earlier that day. I bowed my head and thanked God for all of those people that embraced me throughout the day. Then I checked my inbox....and was comforted all over...and over...and over. Thank you Jesus for my family and friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God comfort you at this time. You are such a comfort and inspiration to so many. I am a faithful reader of your Step's Gonna Win and have followed that link to your blog. You always bring a smile, a tear and food for thought. I don't know you, but feel so touched by you. Take care and my prayers are with. God Bless and I am so sorry for your loss.

Chrissy said...

Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Cohen said BC today... tha was awesome.