Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas in OKC!

If you have talked to me lately, you know I was counting down the days until December 14th. We met our Oklahoma family in the City to celebrate Christmas together. We realized last year that our family is just getting so big and maybe tradition will have to change a bit. So, a few days before we left, I was finishing up some Christmas gifts (trying to get them ordered by midnight so I wouldn't have to pay thousands of dollars in shipping!) when I hear a huge THUMP from upstairs. By the time I reached the stairs I heard "MMMMOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYY!" A sound that sends chills down every mothers spine! By the time I got to Claire's room, flipped on the light and scooped her up off the floor.....this is what I saw.
Poor girl had tried to get out of bed, got tangled up in her blanket and hit the corner of her nightstand! It instantly looked like this! Needless to say, I sat up for at least 2 hours and watched her. The next day she was excited because her eye was red like Rudolph's nose. Only Claire! (Oh, I took this after lunch the next day...you can tell we had pasta!)


I spent Friday finishing up laundry (how does a child who wears NOTHING around the house create soooo much laundry? I may never know!) and packing for our trip. Gone are the days of packing light! As I loaded it all into the truck I kept asking myself "Are we going for 2 days...or 2 WEEKS?" We jumped in the car and headed out west! Cohen did not like the car ride one bit! It was a long trip. Not to mention, I didn't realize I needed new wiper blades (because if it's nasty out, I don't go anywhere!) until we got into rain and sleet on I-44. We finally made it and it was so great to see everyone. It had been a year since I had seen Phillip & Dana and their families and I've only seen Aunt Donna and Uncle Bobby once since then. So here are some pics from our weekend.


Our makeshift Christmas tree in our hotel. The kids had decorated cookies with a kit we bought at Target. My first Christmas ornament from 1980 probably tastes better than the cookies so we put them to good use!


Cohen and his 2nd cousin Trayden. The are 12 days apart!

You pick which one is Cohen! Mom and Donna had them out in the hall and someone asked if they were twins!

Sour face! Yes, I know that a lime is not really good for his teeth. But when a kid has been holed up in the same hotel room for a day and a half, you tend to give in on the little things! It kept him entertained for at least 20 minutes. (Limes are not an everyday staple in his diet, I promise!)

Koy picking up his mess! This is what happens when you turn your back on kids for 2 seconds! Notice, Claire's hand in the picture....I'm sure she had a little something to do with it!
Little Livi Jane! She was such a trooper. Unless you were cuddling with her you never even knew she was there! She was either perfectly content or sound asleep. Jarad & Ashley....enjoy it while it lasts!

Claire and her new dino from Aunt Donna. She loves it!


Daddy's so funny!

One of the highlights of our weekend was getting to watch Taylon play basketball. He is #23. (of course the tallest one on the court!) Hey played great and even got to show me his "fake" he has been working on. I was so proud of him! I can't believe he's growing up so fast!!!
It was a great weekend and it just reminded me how important it is that we all make time for each other. It has been a crazy year and we have gotten so caught up in life that we let too much time go by! I have really been hit hard this year with the fact that LIFE IS SHORT and so precious. I WILL NOT let another year pass without seeing my cousins! Christmas will be different this year for sure! We will have a few conference calls throughout the day, but it won't be the same. However, I am so thankful that we had this weekend together! Dana, I am now counting the days until spring break!!!

No comments: