Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Decorating for Christmas....

isn't near as fun as it used to be!!! So far, we have lost 2 ornaments and a string of lights. Luckily the ornaments are the one for the "pretty" tree and not the "real" tree. The ornaments on the "real" tree have real sentimental value and I would be so sad if they broke. Claire took care of the lights by using them as a sort of jump rope thing. It seems like I can't find half of my decorations. I don't know if they are stashed in the attic or if Claire carried them off before I noticed. Between sweeping up glass, unwrapping Cohen from the lights, removing the ribbon (turned noose) from around his neck and changing 3 (YES 3) poopy diapers in the last 2 hours....I'm........well....POOPED! But all it took to get me back into the Christmas spirit was for "Christmas in Dixie" to come on the XM radio and I was good to go!!! I sure can't wait to see my Oklahoma family! All I need now is "Thistlehare the Christmas Bear!" I'm trying to keep everything in perspective and just enjoy the holiday craziness! I'm thankful to have a home to decorate and things to decorate it with. I'm thankful to have 2 beautiful healthy children to break stuff and torment each other. I'm thankful that I have gotten to start Frosty the Snowman DVD over 50 times in the last 3 days! (And just received another request for our frosty friend!) I just needed a second to remind myself of that! Now back to decorating then it's off to the grocery store to get some goodies for our Christmas movie night featuring Shrek the Halls and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (THE ORIGINAL!) and stuff for dinner tomorrow with my favorite brother, sister-in-law and niece!! Hope you are all finding a quiet moment to thank the good Lord for everything wonderful in your life!

No comments: